security of your garage door02/24/2014 Back To Blog
Today, most houses in California are bigger than before and have many utility rooms with different entrances. This is very helpful to families, which constantly seek more storage room or a place for family activities. At the same time, it creates the need for better and more effective protection measures. You could go for a walk in Lynwood and try to get in the mind of an intruder attempting to understand his criteria. You will certainly see many garage doors, which require service urgently either because they are damaged due to a bump or because they are out of service due to damaged openers. This awful image is enough to make this home an intruder’s target since it would make home invasion a piece of cake.
Give gravity to emergency tasks
- The most common intrusion method is the tiny gap underneath your door. It could be caused by a worn bottom seal, which can be replaced easily without spending too much time or money. You will feel much safer and you will manage to insulate your garage more efficiently.
- These small gaps can be also caused by damaged garage door tracks or other faulty parts, which may be blocking the good operation of the door. You will need to inspect the condition of the garage door springs and clean them well and also clean well all the other dusty parts and remove small rocks or other elements that may obstruct the performance of the door.
- Sometimes, the electric operators cannot close the door properly because the moving parts are not lubricated well, but this is a relatively easy procedure that you can do it often by following the instructions of the manufacturer given in the manual.
Supervise the surrounding area
Proper maintenance is necessary, but not sufficient if you want to eliminate further the possibility of home invasion.
- Abundance of lights can drive intruders away since they like to act in the dark. Hence, you must install lights in the surrounding area of your house and not neglect the area along the driveway. You must also make sure the entrances are perfectly lighted as well and can be activated by sensors you can install at all points. The lights can be your best allies for greater security.
- The installation of a security alarm system notifies you, but also discourages intruders to attempt breaking into your house. Hence, you can also hang signs warning people that the house is secured.
- When you will install an opener, you can also install sensors that will close the garage door behind you when you forget it open. This will help you feel safer without wondering if you remembered to close the door or not.
- You must take advantage of current technologies and turn the monitor of your computer into a monitor of surveillance cameras. If you have installed security locks on the door, you must also check whether they are in good condition or you would need to replace them.